Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Nail fun - Lemon & Lime Gradient

I recently had a huge polish haul from Kiko in Italy - two of these polishes seemed to shout lemon & lime at me so I had a stab at my first gradient today...

I used 297 and 355; Acid Green & Canary Yellow. I used a kitchen sponge to create this gradient, and I am happy with the "tie-dye" effect! I painted my nails with two coats of 355 first.



Here are the results! If you grew up in Ireland, you might be reminded of Loop de Loop ice-pops when you see this - I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it!





I couldn't attempt a gradient without topping it off with some glitter... could I? Check this out - this is "Rainbow Splat" from Glittering Elements (facebook / etsy ) topping off my gradient, and turning it into one amazing summer mani. I am in love with this glitter topper. It is PACKED with every glitter you could imagine. I really think this is the most epic glitter topcoat I have seen.

I will leave you to drool over it.... 







1 comment:

NailsByNumbers said...

Love this. Gradients are so much fun. Great colour choice.