Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Embellish Me - Primark/Penneys Caviar Beads Kit

I am a sucker for bargains - it has to be said. I can't resist cute little polishes at the tills in Penneys. Recently I have noticed these little kits of polish & beads combos sitting pretty!

I picked up a pink polish/multicoloured bead combo - the pink has a fabulous shimmer in the bottle, and I was really hoping it would transfer onto the nails. What I like most is this neat little funnel you get - so when applying the beads, you can do it over a little box, or a lid from a box, and use the funnel to put back any beads that fall! This nifty little kit was only €3.50 - I think I'll be going back for more.



To the pics!

I used three coats of this polish, I found it very sheer, and not the best formula either but I could layer it over a nice opaque pink in future, because I do love the shimmer.




I was a little sad to have to cover this polish with beads, it's so girly and cute. The beads remind me of sprinkles for cupcakes - I really like the combo of both, but perhaps not on all nails next time! These beads also seem a bit larger than any beads I've used before. 
They came off quite easily, melting underneath the nail polish remover.




3 comments:

All the little things - Irish Beauty Blog said...

wow the colour is gorgeous!

Irish Nail Polish & Health Addict said...

I know - it's so girly! Not an amazing polish but for the price I can deal with it :)
Thanks for reading !!

S said...

The polish is actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be, and the funnel is so handy, worth buying a set even if you never used the beads!