Thursday, July 18, 2013

Catrice Candy Shock

Good morning! This is my 101st post - Happy 101 to me!

Today I am going to show you the newest polishes from the latest Catrice LE (in Ireland anyway!) Candy Shock. I previewed this collection a couple of months ago here.




Available in C01 I Scream: Ice Cream!, C02 Play It Blue, C03 Bring Me Peach and C04 Vanilla Love. C02 Play It Blue and C03 Bring Me Peach have a chalky matt powder effect. 






C01 - I Scream: Ice Cream! This lilac has a pink shimmer in the bottle, which unfortunately does not transfer onto the nails. It is a nice pale lilac, the better of the collection. I used three thin coats to achieve my desired opacity.










C02 - Play It Blue. A nice pastel blue with a matte finish. I like this one but it also required three thin coats. I think this would be a great base for nail art or glitter topcoats.









C03 - Bring Me Peach. Another matte finish. I don't like this colour, and I'm also not sure how flattering it would be on anyone's hands. It gives you dead hands! Three thin coats again.










C04 - Vanilla Love. A pastel yellow, somewhat lacking in pigment that needed three thin coats. Wasn't overly keen on this one - too pale for pale skin, and a bit watery and wishy washy for my taste.






All in all, I am disappointed. I am a huge Catrice fan but this collection is too pale - it might just be my skin tone though! I didn't find them too hard to apply - then again, I don't mind three coats of any polish.

Available in selected pharmacies and Penneys stores across Ireland now. RRP €2.79 per polish.